Thursday, February 23, 2006

Class Observation

Class went well last night. We moved on from basic animation and will now be working on importing other assets. Particularly, bitmaps and audio. The class was very excited about this. I demonstrated how to import assets that already existed and use in a very simple manner. Next week we will mov into the details of each one and how to get the most out of them and optimize for premium Flash performance.

I am still having a couple of students having a hard time. My opinion is that is because they are not practicing outside of class, but I am sure every instructer thinks that. I don't want to teach them rote ways to do things in Flash because that won't help them create but a few things and it does not teach them to problem solve using what they do know about Flash.

I am not sure if a few students are comfortable with my approach. I learned Flash well through using it, playing and experimenting. Granted, I had the advantage of having a job where I used it every day. However, I did spend time and money of my own figuring out how to do things with Flash. I have to get my students as excited about playing with it as I was. I figure if I get them to literally throw themselves into a project that might help.

Yesterday, I decided that one of the next projects would be to create a JIB-Jab style animation using digital images and audio of themselves(or friends). They seemed very excited about this.

Sounds like a lot of fun to me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home